[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: WWW FAQ...

Actually, I really pleasant thing would be to set up automatically
forwarding web pages.

E.g. you have access to:

    www.abc.def.com

and you set up

    http://www.abc.def.com/~zzz/index.htm

to automatically transfer the browser visiting it to

    http://www.zzz.abc.def.com/index.htm

without the user having to do an extra click.

(Even better if the forwarding link could automatically inform the
owner of the web page that the user referenced
http://www.abc.def.com/~zzz/index.htm on that it had an obsolete
link, which should be updated.)

  > I am sorry to send this question that is not related to security of
  > WWW... Please advise me where I should send this kind of WWW FAQ...
  >
  > Question:
  >
  > 	Is it possible to alias a web page as another site?
  >
  > 	For example:
  >
  > 		http://www.abc.def.com/~zzz/index.htm
  >
  > 	alias to
  >
  > 		http://www.zzz.abc.def.com/index.htm

  Yes, you can setup your box as multiple virtual machines (with multiple
  ip addresses and FQDNs), and configure your webserver (srm.conf) so that
  for www.zzz.abc.def.com the webserver (NCSA prefered) will retrieve
  index.htm from ~zzz.